Combating Your Car Rental Worries

Happy vehicle rental customerThere are many reasons why hiring a car on a short or long term rental is the perfect option for individuals from all walks of life, from showing off at a special occasion and putting a professional face forward when meeting with customers and clients, to taking on long distance trips and handling property moves or other one-off events where in-vehicle space is a must.

Despite the increasing popularity of vehicle rental however, there are a number of common worries that seem to plight new and existing customers. As an experienced van and car rental company, we are here to put your mind at rest by answering the common questions on everyone’s lips…

Will I be insured when renting a car?

Here at Collison, we specialise in providing vehicles for every occasion but whatever the nature of your hire ensuring that your safety and legal requirements are fulfilled throughout your rental period is the main priority. To make renting one of our vehicles as hassle-free as possible, every rental quotation covers all essentials such as the full rental cost, your insurance, breakdown cover road fund tax and VAT.

Extras are also available to make sure your vehicle rental caters to your individual needs, with child seats, additional driver cover, sat navs, delivery and collection accessible for an added fee.

Is my licence valid for a hire vehicle?

Drivers looking to hire a vehicle must be aged between 21 and 75, and have held a full, clean UK driving licence for at least two years. For those wishing to hire a larger minibus, i.e. those identified as category C vehicles, you will need the corresponding category on your licence, which comes as standard on those issued before 1997. For those who hold a non-UK licence, vehicle rental is still possible with specialist cover arranged on your behalf.

What do I need to hire a car?

To hire a vehicle, the company you are looking to rent with will require both parts of your driving licence, another form of photo ID (such as your passport or work security pass) and additional proof of address; a recent utility bill or bank statement is acceptable for this. For repeat customers, no additional identification is needed if your last hire was within three months and there have been no changes in your circumstances.

What happens if I have an accident in my hire car?

We understand that accidents do happen and the insurance provided as part of your rental agreement will cover you for most eventualities, though an excess is due in the event of a claim. The standard Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance covers you for theft and accidental damage, and you can usually buy Excess Damage Waiver (EDW) if you are worried about having to find the excess payment if something does go wrong. Take care to follow the advice you were given by your rental company or in their documentation, and you will maximise your protection.

Hire a Car Today

If you are in or near Waterlooville in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire, browse our full range of car and van hire vehicles online today.